Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just add water

We all know we should drink more water, but why don't we do it? It has many benefits for our bodies. These benefits include weight loss, natural remedy for a headache, hydrating our skin, and help with regular elimination, just to name a few.

Weight loss with water is possible, because water can flush out toxins and waste, along with reducing hunger if you drink before your meal.  Most of us are dehydrated and need water more than we need more food.  Before eating ask yourself - Am I hungry? Take a body check, because you may find that after you drink a glass of water you can go another hour or two without food. Don't get me wrong food is essential, but if you don't drink water, dehydration can lead to lots of other problems.

Natural remedy for headache, water is key. Personal experience in this area is why I say this. Migraines were a part of  my regular life until I added water, and I don't mean a sip or the so called water in tea, juice and lemonade. Just plain good refreshing water is good for the body. I hear people say they don't like water, yes I used to say that too, but the benefits far outweigh me not drinking it!

We all want to be youthful in appearance and water definitely helps the look and feel of our skin. Dry dehydrated skin is not a healthy look and don't we all want to look our best, I know I do. Also I would rather drink water than buy all the expensive products that so called add moisture, because it's only temporary. Let's have moisture from the inside out, and save those extra few dollars for a new outfit or pair of shoes. (smile)

This past Sunday (5/6/12) I started a true focus on drinking water. Sunday I drank only water all day til about 6pm, and then I had a salad and fruit. Preparing my body to be healthy and ready for a lifetime of hydration and daily cleansing, just by drinking water makes me feel good and my skin looks great. Summer time is coming and we definitely need water in these lovely Texas hot months.

So drink up and stay hydrated!!! Love your body, give it good stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment