Saturday, January 21, 2012

Healthy Eating - What is it?

                                   I get asked all the time how do I eat so healthy?

     Well, first of all everything up to this point has been baby steps, with falling, crawling, crying and everything else.  It is not easy to change habits, but knowing the change is for the better does help a lot.

My health not only affects me, it affects my family and those around me as well.  When I am healthy I can do more for me, my family and others also.

Health is not just eating, it's my attitude and how I view life, do I keep God first or am I trying to do it on my own, which has never worked for me. The good thing is God is soooooo merciful!

You must know your personal reasons, not societies reasons, but your own true reasons:

What reasons do you want to be healthy?
Do you have a family history of health problems, Do you want to prevent something?
Do you want to be vibrant and energetic, living life to the fullest? NO you are never to old for anything (my opinion), age is just a number not a cut off time.

Do you want to take full responsibility for YOUR body, the body God gave you? 


Think about what you want! I had a great grand mother who went to be with Jesus at the young age of 95, and she until about 91 was driving her old friends to the store. Excuses help no one, make a decision to change what you need to change!  She never complained! She was diagnosed with cancer at about 90, never had the surgery the doctors suggested and didn't do any treatments as well and lived 5 more years with no down time until her last week (less than 7 days) of life!

What changes will you make this year for your health?



1 comment:

  1. I want to begin to exercise. I have been off and on with that and I know it's time for me to become disciplined in this area. I am tired of making excuses.

    ReplyDelete